Saturday, August 25, 2012

Book Tour: The Corpse Goddess by Kristi Jones

 The Corpse Goddess by Kristi Jones
Genre:Urban Fantasy
Publisher: Evernight Publishing
ASIN:B008EZXJ7E
Number of pages: 274
Word Count: 79,034 

Blurb/Book Description: 

Party girl Meg Highbury wakes up the morning of her twenty-first birthday with one hell of a hangover – and a walking corpse in her apartment.  Meg turns to her straight-laced neighbor Armando for help and together they discover that Meg is a Valkyrie. 

What’s more, her first duty is to trade places with the corpse.  But Meg is being sent to her Death Duty too soon. In a race against time, Meg frantically tries to find a loophole to her gruesome fate, but while Meg is determined to live whatever the cost, Armando's strict moral principles keep getting in the way of her plans for escape.

Can Meg walk the 'right' and narrow path, possibly sacrificing her mortal life, for love? And if she can, will Armando have the stomach to love a rotting corpse of a girl who is falling apart in more ways than one?


Review:

I found this story really interesting and really good! I have never read another book like it (if I have, I can't think of it right now..oh well). It was exciting and fast-paced. It was also fun and a bit witty. I love that it started out with her waking up to a zombie, it didn't start at the beginning beginning. It started at the part where the problems started for Meg. Then it did give us background and all the info we needed to know.
One thing I have to say is that I knew, KNEW, there was something weird about Emma. She was just weirdly quiet at some points in the book. 

4/5 stars. 
~ALISIA





Interview:


1)Where did you get the idea for the novel?

I’ve been interested in Valkyries since going to German school when I was young. I think all the new zombie fiction and The Walking Dead started to coalesce in my mind to create a world where zombies serve a purpose.

2) Your title. Who came up with it? Did you ever change your title?
I came up with that title. The original title was Meg Highbury and the Curse of the Valkyries, but my publisher thought it was too long!
3)Since becoming a writer, what’s the most exciting thing to ever happen to you?
Getting a five star review and an email from a perfect stranger. There’s nothing better than hearing that someone really loves your work!

4)Which came first, the title or the novel?

Oh, definitely the novel! Always the novel. I have a hard time coming up with titles and really don’t settle on one until the first draft is written.

5) What book are you currently reading or what was the last book you read?

I’m reading The Zombie Playground by Astrid Yrigollen, but after that I have to take a reading break…the kids go back to school on Monday and then it’s writing time! I can only read non-fiction when I write. Reading fiction, especially great fiction, while I write is just too distracting!

Author Bio:

Kristi Jones spent her childhood exploring European castles, crumbling manor houses and ornate cathedrals, always looking for secret passages and hidden rooms.  She holds a degree in European history and loves to throw ‘ordinary’ characters into extraordinary circumstances. 

She currently lives in south Texas with her husband and two children, who inspire her daily.  She is a member of the Writers’ League of Texas and Romance Writers of America.  She loves old movies, being a Mom, the feel of paper in her hands and things that go bump in the night.





https://twitter.com/authorkristi


Giveaway:

Go HERE and scroll down to the giveaway! 5 e-books up for grabs!


Check out my Bookmarks! page ^

No comments:

Post a Comment