Monday, April 22, 2013

Book Tour: Stages of Grace by Carey Heywood Interview


image.jpeg
Blurb:
Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance...
When facing death a mourning period is to be expected. But what if it's
not a person but a relationship that dies? Grace and her boyfriend Jon have
been together for three years. They live together and have shared many
beautiful memories. Those memories are what keep Grace from admitting Jon
has changed and is no longer the man she fell in love with.
Afraid of being alone and holding on to something that no longer exists
Grace is a shadow of her former self. Her daily objective is to hide her
pain from the world. Then, an unexpected letter sets off a whirlwind of
potential life changes. In life sometimes the hardest thing to do is let go.

Interview:
Where did you get the idea for the novel?
Morbid as it sounds this novel was inspired by a death. I was researching ways to deal with grief when I came across the five stages of grief. It struck me that the death of a relationship could follow the same grief pattern that a person would go through in dealing with the death of a loved one.

Your title. Who came up with it? Did you ever change your title?
Originally, I did not plan the character of Ryan. There was another title in the beginning that would only work with a different ending. Once that changed I got the idea of Stages of GraceGrace is the main character and I thought it was a cool tie in to the stages of grief.

Why did you pick this genre? What do you like about it?
I love romance, from YA to NA to Adult. Mostly, I love to lose myself in how people interact with each other. 

Since becoming a writer, what’s the most exciting thing to ever happen to you?
Everything! It's been crazy, somedays I wonder if I'm imagining it all. So far, the most exciting thing was my first shipment of paperbacks. I held them and cried.

What book are you currently reading or what was the last book you read?
On Every Street by Karina Halle. I am a HUGE fan of her :)

What is your writing process?
I work full time and write evenings and weekends. I *try* to outline but mostly get an idea and can't rest until I get it all out.

At a book signing, do you just sign your name or do you write a note? How do you come up with stuff to say? 
It depends, sometimes I feel like I have to write a little note and fail miserably at being clever. Uninvolved has a hunky fella on the back. I've been asked for his number many times, unfortunately, I don't even know his name let alone his number. I've written that a few times!

What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
I get really awkward around new people, I warm up fast though :)

How do you react to a bad review?
I cry, but I do that with the nice ones too...

How did you celebrate the sale of your first book?
My bestie took me out for lunch :) 


image.jpegAuthor Bio:
Carey Heywood lives in Richmond Va with her husband, three children and nine pound attack Yorkie. Unabashedly silly, she spends her free time bonding with candy loving strangers on Twitter. Right now she is probably eating Swedish fish.

Links:
@careylolo 

No comments:

Post a Comment