Publisher: Crista McHugh
Date of Publication: January 6, 2014
Number of pages: 193
Word Count: 48K
Cover Artist: Jaycee DeLorenzo at Sweet ‘N Spicy Designs
The first book in a new contemporary series from award-winning author Crista McHugh, that’s a sexy, modern twist on Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.
Lia Mantovani has created one of the hottest restaurants on Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, but all that could disappear if she loses her lease with Kelly Properties. Having had her dreams ripped away from her before, she’ll do everything in her power to keep her restaurant. Her fate hangs on the whims of the frustratingly handsome Adam Kelly.
Adam has spent years trying to convince world famous chef Amadeus Schlittler to open a restaurant in Chicago, but he wants the prime location held by Lia. Business has always come first… until sparks fly when Adam meets her. When things get hot outside the kitchen, though, they’re both in danger of getting burned.
- Where did you get the idea for the novel? I’ve been wanting to a modern twist on Seven Brides for Seven Brothers for years, and I love the enemies to lovers trope. So, when it came time to think of Adam’s story, I wanted to create a character who thought he was in control, only to have his world turned upside down.
- Your title. Who came up with it? Did you ever change your title? I came up with it to playing on the cooking aspect, especially after the scene with the raspberry sauce.
- Which came first, the title or the novel? The story always comes first. Then I try to find a title that fits.
- Since becoming a writer, what’s the most exciting thing to ever happen to you? Winning some major awards was awesome, but I still love hearing from readers.
- What book are you currently reading or what was the last book you read? I’ve actually been reading a lot of non-fiction lately to help with research. Very dry, I know. But I should be picking up some yummy romances as soon as I get my packet of books to judge for the RITA
- What was your first book that you ever wrote (very first one you wrote, not published)? It was a YA historical (that will forever remain hidden in box under the bed)
- What is your writing process? I usually have to have most of the story plotted out before I sit down to write it. I’m always thinking about the next story as I’m writing the current one, so it helps me get to know the characters
- Who are your favorite authors of all time? ACK! How many am I allowed to name? Twain, Shakespeare, Tolkien, and Austin are always at the top of the list.
- At a book signing, do you just sign your name or do you write a note? How do you come up with stuff to say? I try to include a line that’s relevant to the book, but sometimes, it’s just my name.
- What is something people would be surprised to know about you? I’ve been a contestant on Jeopardy.
- How do you react to a bad review? Sometimes I try to see if there’s something I can pull from it to improve my writing, but I respect that person’s opinion and leave it at that.
- How did you celebrate the sale of your first book? I was pregnant at the time, so with a bottle of sparkling cider
About the Author:
Crista McHugh is a multiple award-winning author of fantasy romance and paranormal romance with heroines who are smart, sexy, and anything but ordinary. She currently lives in the Audi-filled suburbs of Seattle with her husband and two children, maintaining her alter ego of mild-mannered physician by day while she continues to pursue writing on nights and weekends.
Series website: http://www.thekellybrothers.cristamchugh.com