Members Only, Book Two
A three-lettered word that means different things to many people. Pictures and words that might stand as a reminder of love, loss, rebellion, or camaraderie. For Haleigh Grace, it meant freedom.
Walking through the doors of the tattoo parlor, Inkfluence, marked the start of taking her life back. Making it what she wanted it to be. No one was going to tell her she couldn’t. Not ever again.
Little did she know that behind those doors stood Kyle Muse. He was her best friend, who had walked away years ago without a backwards glance. The one man she fantasized would someday be her knight in shining armor. The one she saved herself for.
But, he has a knight of his own. Tall, dark, and dangerously sexy, Scott Preston. The owner of the very shop Haleigh has an appointment with at midnight.
Feelings long buried rise to the surface and the three find themselves bound by more than just ink…
A Romantica® ménage BDSM erotic romance from Ellora’s Cave
- Where did you get the idea for the novel? – I lost someone close to me who died from Inflammatory Breast Cancer. I also have several other friends and family members who’ve died from cancer, and I know quite a few survivors. I wrote it for the survivors. I wanted each and every one of them to know that the scars they carry don’t make them “less than”. The wounds they have are battle scars and they make each of them beautiful warriors who I am lucky to know and love.
- Your title. Who came up with it? Did you ever change your title? – I came up with this one and it never changed THANK GOD! I think I would have boo hoo’d if I couldn’t have this title. It’s just perfect.
- Why did you pick this genre? What do you like about it? – Erotic romance and BDSM are just amazingly freeing genres. Anything goes, pretty much, depending on who your audience is. I love that. For someone that likes a little bit of everything it’s incredible to get to write anything / everything in my head. Love pushing the envelope.
- Since becoming a writer, what’s the most exciting thing to ever happen to you? – My first book signing at a convention last year was mind blowing. To be on the other side of the table talking to fans…completely surreal.
- What book are you currently reading or what was the last book you read? – Last book I read was Cheryl Harper’s I can’t help falling in love. Super cute book!
- What is your writing process? – I outline extensively, starting with a section that lists all of the character info I need for the story. Physical attributes, age, job, anything unique I need to remember, phobias, triggers, etc. Keeps it all straight in my head, especially for the series books. It’s a lot to keep straight so I have spreadsheets for all of those characters. Then I outline each chapter. I’ll throw in little snippets of dialogue so I don’t lose it, but most of it is the mechanics of the story, and emotional conflict. Gotta have some good angst.
- At a book signing, do you just sign your name or do you write a note? How do you come up with stuff to say? – Depends on what I’m signing, but if I have enough room I always add a note. I try to just come up with something cute and short to put. It’s so nice to get something personal, and if someone is buying my book then I want to say thank you in a concrete way.
- What is something people would be surprised to know about you? – I love to crochet! It’s so relaxing and gives me something creative to do that doesn’t take a lot of brain power. I can think on book stuff while I do it, or watch a movie with my son, or when we’re traveling. Very mobile hobby to have. And it gets people talking to you too, which is super fun.
- How do you react to a bad review? – Shrug my shoulders and move on. Seriously, not everyone it going to love me, nor what I write. Bad reviews happen, but thankfully not very often and the good DEFINITELY outweighs the bad!
- How did you celebrate the sale of your first book? – My family took me out to eat at this place in Deep Elum in Dallas called St. Pete’s Dancing Marlin. Best Tuna Steaks you’ll ever eat in your life. Love going there to celebrate things! It’s a treat!
“You are the one who called a couple hours ago, right? All your questions concerned color tattoos from photographs?”
She knew he held back laughter but she remained quiet. It took all her willpower to maintain the mask of tranquility bred into her from birth. She glared at the pictures on the wall and took another sip of water, trying to get her temper under control. All she wanted to do was bark at him. She didn’t lose her temper—ever—and this man had already forced her to raise her voice. And less than an hour ago she had poked him.
What was next? Hollering in the street? A bar fight? Good gracious.
“Yes, that was me.”
“Then why are we discussing your nipples?”
She jacked her head to the side so fast the room spun, and her mouth fell open, making a little “o”. She actually had to fight a smile. He was flirting with her. He had moved closer still and she could see he had the tiniest of creases fanning out from his eyes as he smiled at her.
“Do you have no shame? Sitting there, talking so boldly in relation to my…my…” She gestured toward her breasts, unable to name the tight tips while he focused on them.
“Nipples,” he offered unapologetically. “The term you are searching for is nipples, and no, I don’t have an ounce of shame on me today. Must be fresh out. So why the third degree on tattoos and now all the chitchat about getting pierced?”
She didn’t answer right away. He raised his eyebrow expectantly. Explaining to him wasn’t something she particularly wanted to do, but she gazed up into his dark, amber-colored gaze and felt compelled to tell him the truth. Common sense took a rain check to a need deep inside her. Her parents always called her a people pleaser. It was a source of pride for them. She hadn’t admitted it before but it made her feel like a doormat.
AUTHOR Bio and Links:
Jennifer Kacey is a wife, mother, and business owner living with her family in Texas. She sings in the shower, plays piano in her dreams, and has to have a different color of nail polish every week. The best advice she’s ever been given? Find the real you and never settle for anything less.
Website - http://www.jenniferkacey.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/jennifer.kacey.7
Twitter - https://twitter.com/JenniferKacey
Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/jenniferkacey/
Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Jennifer-Kacey/e/B00GXHUB30/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1392499139&sr=8-1
Ellora’s Cave - http://www.ellorascave.com/haleigh-s-ink.html
Jennifer will be awarding a swag pack from her and lots of other EC authors to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour, and another prize will be awarded to one randomly drawn commenter of a swag pack from the author and an autographed copy of the Romanticon 2013 Program which includes 78 author signatures and signatures from all 8 cavemen that attended. (US ONLY)
The more you comment, the better your chances of winning. The tour dates can be found here: