Valkyries: Soaring Raven Book 1
Genre: New Adult Paranormal Romance
Publisher: One Wish Publishing
Number of pages: 228
Word Count: 62,200
Formats available: eBook, paperback
Cover Artist: Nimbi Design
Book Trailer: http://youtu.be/fzwusA4Q4bE
Infinity discovers a dark secret from her past that rocks everything she knows to be true.
A troubled 22-year-old superstar singer, Infinity has a bad reputation for drugs and hard partying. Now, she is on the road to a comeback with her controversial tour. But everything about doing the concert feels wrong from missing employees, to anonymous threats about ruining her career. She is dealing with a powerful corporation that is determined to kill her and everyone she loves. She is also battling for control of her life and career from a relationship that crossed the fine line between love and obsession. Infinity knows too much, even though she doesn't realize it. Secrets have been kept and these secrets are powerful enough to destroy her and everyone she loves.
Now she must put her safety and trust in the hands of sexy, tattooed and delicious Torch Channing and Boulder Vigari, hired to keep her from getting killed. Boulder wants to make her his. He won't stop until he claims her. Torch struggles with his primal need to possess her and his hatred of everything she represents.
Infinity is determined to protect her heart while dealing with the pressure of pulling off another successful tour without spiraling into another mental meltdown.
- Where did you get the idea for the novel? I’m a big fan of music and paranormal romance novels, so I wanted to mesh the two loves into a fun plot with mystery, suspense, and a main character that is a bit flawed.
- Your title. Who came up with it? Did you ever change your title? I came up with a list of titles for ‘Infinity’ after I outlined and fully fleshed out the plot and characters. I narrowed down the list as the book progressed.
- Which came first, the title or the novel? The novel came first, then the title.
- Since becoming a writer, what’s the most exciting thing to ever happen to you? The fact that I’ve taken my ‘dream’ job and finally made it a reality is very exciting.
- What book are you currently reading or what was the last book you read? Pride and Prejudice is the last book I’ve read. It’s my favorite book. I tend to read over and over again. Its old school but the romance never gets old.
- What was your first book that you ever wrote (very first one you wrote, not published)? The very first book that I wrote, not published was a contemporary romance suspense book with three women (best friends) navigating the world of dating, tragedy and romance.
- What is your writing process? I have a notebook that I write down ideas/plots and description of characters that come to me. I review my notes, flesh out the concepts that I want to work on next or make notes next to those that need more work.
- Who are your favorite authors of all time? Richelle mead, Tina Folsom, Felicity Heaton.
- At a book signing, do you just sign your name or do you write a note? How do you come up with stuff to say? I sign my name and write a note. The note would normally have something to do with reading…like ‘happy reading’.
- What is something people would be surprised to know about you? That I once aspired to be a professional singer and was the lead singer in a three girl singing group.
- How do you react to a bad review? I take it in stride. It’s impossible to be liked by all. Every author whether on the Best Seller’s list or not has gotten a bad review. All you have to do is go to Amazon.com, pick any author on the ‘Top 100’ list and you’ll find at least on bad review.
- How did you celebrate the sale of your first book? My husband took me out for dinner at my favorite restaurant.
He stepped closer, brushing my jet-black hair away from my cheek, his finger wrapping around a curl before trailing down my neck. “Do you really think I give a shit about her? Or any human, for that matter? I’m here for you. You’re mine and nothing you can do or say will change that now.”
He stroked my cheek. “You’ve been reckless, Infinity. Did you really think you could thumb your nose at the Collective and live? You disregarded all of my warnings. You are naive and reckless. I did all that I could to prevent this exact moment.”
I tilted my head, looking at him through my eyelashes, whispering, “What moment?”
He pulled me against his chest, digging his hand into my shoulder painfully. “This fucking moment, Infinity. The moment of me standing here before you, not as your consort, but as the man sent here to kill you.” He sighed. “You pushed them too far, and the decision has been made to destroy you for the betterment of the Vampire Collective.”
“No, I… You can’t.” I rasped and swallowed. “She said you wouldn’t.”
His hands gripped my body as he leaned his forehead against mine. “I don’t know who she is, but she can’t save your ass right now. Only I can. You’re mine. Come with me and all will be forgiven. As my consort you will be untouchable, but on your own you are dead.”
My lust started to slowly cool and logic finally started to kick in. Fuck, what was I doing? I was standing in a bathroom, panting over a vampire who may or may not be some crazy ass stalker assassin for a corporation of vampires. This was some crazy shit.
“No!” He held me tight as I tried to back away. “I won’t. I will never choose to be with a monster like you. You might as well kill me now.”
“You’re already with a monster.” He leaned down, scrapping his incisors against my throat. “You just haven’t accepted it.”
Burning coursed down my neck. The panic set in, causing me to kick with futility against his brute strength. I was going to die. The strange woman lied.
“Please, Alik. Don’t do this.” Anger and fear fought within me. Fear was winning by a landslide.
About the Author:
Sedona Venez writes paranormal romance, urban fantasy romance, and science fiction romance. She lives in the North East in the city that never sleeps.
Sedona can be found online in all the usual haunts:
a Rafflecopter giveaway