Number of pages: 232
Word Count: 71,000
Sixteen-year-old Aislinn Lee Murphy accidentally unleashes her hidden ability to see things before they happen, making her a Visionary. But little does she know that this amazing gift comes with a severe price. She must never tell a soul or she risks putting herself and her family in great peril.
A Visionary is someone who has been chosen to see the future and has the benefit of having spirit animals to guide and protect them, but there is a secret agency whose sole purpose is to terminate all Visionaries and Aislinn has become their next target.
1. Where did you get the idea for the novel?
The idea just sort of came to me. I started writing one night and the story just took over.
2. Your title. Who came up with it? Did you ever change your title?
I came up with the title. I originally had the title, “The Gift” but later found that Visionary was a much better fit.
3. Which came first, the title or the novel?
The novel came first.
4. Since becoming a writer, what’s the most exciting thing to ever happen to you?
I have been able to meet some really awesome people at various independent book stores and fellow writers. I’m also very excited to have some speaking engagements coming up at local libraries.
5. What book are you currently reading or what was the last book you read?
The last book I read was “Wake” by Amanda Hocking. I have a lot more books on the back burner but it’s hard to complete writing my own books when I become so engrossed with other novels.
6. What was your first book that you ever wrote (very first one you wrote, not published)?
This is the very first book I ever wrote.
7. What is your writing process?
I write late at night when the house is quiet and I can concentrate. I also jot down ideas throughout the day as they come to me.
- Who are your favorite authors of all time?
Always a tough question. I like JK Rowling, Ken Follet, Nicholas Sparks, Veronica Roth and the more I read I discover new authors that I enjoy all the time.
9. At a book signing, do you just sign your name or do you write a note? How do you come up with stuff to say?
I write my name and usually a little sentence depending on what people request.
- What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
That I love ice cream too much- literally and I am obsessed with red-tailed hawks!!
11. How do you react to a bad review?
I try to take the review’s points into consideration. I welcome feedback and I am just thankful enough that they took the time to read my book.
12. How did you celebrate the sale of your first book?
I guess I never really celebrated anything yet. I have been so caught up on working on book two of the trilogy.
Thank you so much for interviewing me. It was my pleasure.
Also, be sure to go to my website www.ndunham.com
to check out your spirit animal!
N. Dunham is the author of the Visionary Trilogy~ A young adult fantasy series that incorporates psychic phenomena & spirit animals!
N. Dunham's interest in reading and writing didn't come until early adulthood. She enjoys works of many genres and has a passion for the arts.
VISIONARY-UNLEASHED was inspired by New England's natural beauty and wildlife (especially red-tailed hawks).